Friday 20 May 2011

90TH BIRTHDAY

Today I have card for a man, (well two cards actually). Unfortunately men's cards are not my greatest creations and I take ages to come up with an idea but I managed in the end. I was asked to make a 90th birthday card for a very special gentleman, and I was asked to make it by an equally special lady, my ex-mother-in-law. The card is for her dad who is 90 on Friday.




I've had this stamp for quite a long time but it has served me well over the last couple of years. It is a Funstamp called Gent's Waistcoat. I stamped the image on several pieces of different patterned card and then cut them out and layered them up to give a decoupage effect.

The second card I made was for myself and my daughter to send.




This card was not meant to look quite like this...the idea was to use a Nestie as a frame and some Distress Inks to create a background but I was a bit too over enthusiastic with the inks and caught ink on the outside of the Nestie, not to be put off I continued until I ended up with a white frame...in the end I quite like the effect. I then just stamped some trees in black over the inked shape and added a sentiment.


Debbie x

3 comments:

Jane said...

Oh these are perfect men's cards! Love the decoupaged waistcoat and your distress inked frame looks amazing! hugs, Jane x

debby4000 said...

Two very different types of cards and both fabulous and perfect for mens cards.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Two fab cards, love the waistcoat and gorgeous colours on the second one!
Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...