Saturday 6 June 2015

Learning To Knit...

Good morning everyone.

I hope you are all well.

I know I haven't blogged very much of late and there have been no cards made at all this year....Whoops!

But....as many of my blogging friends are aware I have been busy with other ventures...the house sale and renovating the new one...Oh when will it end!!! Soon is the answer.....We have now got to a point where we need the last push with the help of some experts.....

For instance the hall floor, which I am reliably informed is a solid oak, original parquet floor and is to be sanded and polished to achieve it's former glory (after it has been covered in lots of paint splashes while painting the original lincrusta which I wanted leaving on the walls) and the stair banister has been stripped down and is being treated to the luxury of a French polish.....

Photos to follow.....

Anyway I haven't been completely idle on the crafting front. One of my New Years resolutions was to learn to knit...properly....My nanna had taught me to cast on, knit, purl and cast off and if I dropped a stitch she was always on hand to help....Sadly my wonderful Nan (who was a great knitter) passed away a few years ago and I wish I'd listened more closely to her teachings.....

So I joined a class in January and apart from meeting lots of friendly, talented knitters....I am now knitting.....Yeah!!!

I started a simple blanket which I am working on and learning lots of new stitches.....all be it slowly I might add....I will share photos of this as I progress...

I also bought a lovely and very simple boxed pattern kit for a cushion....simple moss stitch but here is my progress so far...(a bit slow as the Fibromyalgia keeps rearing its head) but never mind...




Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Have a lovely day. 


2 comments:

cotnob said...

It sounds like you have been busy Debbie, I'm not surprised you haven't made any cards. Your knitting looks fabulous, can't wait to see the finished cushion and photographs of your house - it sounds wonderful.
Pauline
x

Shebafudge said...

Good luck with the final push on the house and with the knitting. I have never mastered that (probably just as well as I don't really need another hobby to fill my time with.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...