Saturday 2 January 2016

The Weight Game.....

Good morning everyone.

I hope you are well.

It's pouring with rain and blowing a gale here and it's getting colder so I think the best option is to light the wood burner and settle down for a day of crafting and a spot of reading.

We're still in Christmassy mode as Christmas lasts until twelfth night in our house so we are planning a lazy weekend....well I am anyway.

But and it's a huge but....I popped on the scales yesterday and what horrors I did see....160lbs....surely not...'The scales MUST be broken...but they are not and it is true.....

And I am shamed....

This is the heaviest I have ever weighed in my entire life...I know I have had 5 months of enforced inactivity due to ill health but I am shamed....so much so I have placed a weight watcher thingy in my sidebar to remind me I must lose weight....and everyone can see my progress.....or not!!!

Yesterday I said I hadn't made any New Year's Resolutions more of plans, improvements, aims and aspirations and this is one of them.,,,probably the biggest one I think....to lose my excess weight.

One of my other aims this year is to take the time to learn to crochet...I look at everyone else's crochet creations out there in blog land and I am in awe of your talents so this is another big aim...in the past I have tried and failed many times to learn but this year I am determined to try....

So to this end I have joined 

Amanda from Crafty in the Med who is having a lovely giveaway




You never know it may start something new for me....


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your day.


5 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi Debbie and Happy New Year. Good luck with the weight loss, never easy but I found Slimming World the best plan I have ever tried as it changes the way you eat many food forever. I didn't like the classes though all that happy clappy stuff but once I had all the info did it myself.

Brigitte said...

Nice what you call that weight losing thing, a game, lol. Hmmm, the older I get the more difficult it is. I wish you good luck and I'm sure you will manage.

Crafty in the Med said...

Good luck with the weight loss Debbie...I really need to do something to get rid of the excess Christmas indulgence too!!!! Many thanks for adding my Giveaway link to your blog and latest post . Thanks :-)

keep well

Amanda x

cotnob said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year Debbie, I hope it's a good one.
Good luck with the weight loss and also the reading challenge.
Pauline
x

Amy at love made my home said...

I wish you well with your challenges and health. Happy New Year! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...